I popped open the zip file, read the documentation, saw how easy it was to set up BlogCFC, and basically got my hopes up. Then I remembered that my site is hosted by GoDaddy, and as many of you already know, this generally means headache and heartache for a Coldfusion developer.
Once upon a time, GoDaddy had an issue displaying Coldfusion-generated Flash Forms in Internet Explorer. I spent a few hours on the issue and found that it was related to a file that was unavailable, for whatever reason, to ColdFusion at runtime. I spent a lengthy amount of time working with GoDaddy's tech support personnel, who have since resolved the issue (good work!). However, I know that other companies that provide hosting may have similar problems, so the following is a workaround.